Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Carrigan!

Introducing Carrigan Grace Michael! The induction went well. We arrived at the hospital around 0700. The flood gates released at 8:00 (my water was broken). Lots and lots of fluid (as expected). I had very few small contractions, even after walking and the birthing ball. I was dilated to 5 cm (even without contractions) by noon and was then started Pitocin about 12:00. by 2:30 I was 5-6 and hurting. Dr. Murphy, my best friend/anesthesia helped me with an epidural and things progressed quickly. Daddy delivered her! Official time was 4:13. She was 7 pounds 2 ounces and a whopping 20 inches long. No wonder she was wedged under my rib cage. She has done excellent. The nurses are still taking some precautions because she is still considered a preemie. Her initial blood sugar was very low at 31, but quickly came up. It has since been fine. We are anticipating an early discharge, and will be going home to 2 VERY anxious kids!!


Thanks to everyone for thoughts and prayers and keeping our lives running while we are away!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home