Thursday, December 25, 2008

...and to all a good night!

Wow! What a tiring day.

First, thanks to Nana for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. Even Caelyn enjoyed the ham. Very hard to believe that both of my children were not too fond of fried apples... hmmm...

Carrigan still has a stuffy nose and still slept amazingly well. She went to sleep about 10:30 and slept until 6:00! She enjoyed all the excitement, as it meant more people to hold and snuggle her. We are truly blessed with another Michael angel this Christmas. Who knew this was in our future, she is beautiful and... amazing.

The kids started the morning off very early, waking Pop and Nana first. They both received lots of great toys and clothes. Thanks to all! Chad prepared a great Christmas breakfast and we were joined by James, Jody (Madeline- their puppy), Gary and Judy. Even Jake got in on the action. Needless to say Pops and Nana gave Jake some extra attention he has been craving.

Here are a couple quick pics!

The big gift this year was a Wii. Carson was really quick to pick it up, Caelyn really doesn't care. Chad however, seemed to think he was a kid again. After the kids went to bed, well you can see from the picture. Poor Carrigan was suckered into watching.

Now, Caelyn's injury. Christmas Eve we were eating lunch at Chick-fil-A. Caelyn was playing in the play place and apparently went down the slide, stood up and jumped onto the ground. She had been doing this at least a dozen times when the last time proved fatal!! She twisted her ankle/foot. Complete drama, screaming and carrying on. We were unable to put her shoe on and she was carried to the car. Now, she was shaking and almost hysterical. Thinking how hard it would be to take her to the pediatrician on Christmas Eve we took her home. We get home, still won't walk. Down for a nap (naps cure everything don't they?) After nap I found her standing beside her bed on one foot... in tears. So, needless to say she spent over 24 hours putting absolutely no weight on her foot. Luckily Nana was able to teach her alternate ways of transportation. She was quite quick. And yes, even waking Christmas morning... still nothing. About 4:00 Chad told Caelyn they were going outside and she was putting a shoe on. She was hesitant, but was able to put a little weight. She walked slow and with a limp. But she was upright. She has been walking since, but no quicker. I'm not sure if I am a terrible mom for waiting 48 hours to see a doc & making her walk on her fractured foot, or being suckered by my dramatic 4 year old. Dr. Mike will tell us in the am. I am now on a first name basis with our pediatrician. I have seen him more in the last 5 weeks than in the last 5 years... honestly. I promise to update you on her status...

Merry Christmas.

Oh, here is one from last year.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home